Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Little Righteous Anger

Recently, I have started to do my Bible reading at night. Ameryn has decided that she needs to snuggle with me until her Daddy gets home, so now I read to her from my bible as well. She loves it, even though it is a NKJV and I am sure that makes it more difficult for her to understand. Every night she wants me to read to her from the "Jesus stories":). Last night we started reading from Matthew. I don't sugar coat the Word, I read it exactly as it is and when we are done with a few chapters we will talk about what we read. When we got to the part where Herod put all of the male children from two years old and under to death, she made me stop (nothing like the slaughter of the innocent to put a four year old to sleep, right). "Mommy, why did he do that?" She asked. "Well, Herod was the king, and when the wise men told him that a baby was born who would be the new King of the Jews he got scared because he did not want this baby to take away his power. So since he did not know where baby Jesus was, he just killed all of the Little boys in and around Bethlehem to be sure that Jesus was one of them. But an angel had warned Mary and Joseph and the escaped to Egypt before Herod could kill him." I told her. She gets her serious look on her face here and says to me You know what Mommy?" "What Baby?" " I just really want to smack him in his face right now!" "Yeah baby, I do too."