Monday, January 5, 2009

My guy

This little guy can melt my heart in an instant. He is the definition of boyhood, even at a year and a half. He is a ball of pure energy, running around the house with his tomahawk in his super man costume. His laugh is liquid sunshine, and I just drink it up! He loves to play hide and go scare (just like we used to play with my Dad:), or just throwing himself into my body full speed ahead. He loves cars, trucks, and trains, and he could spend hours in his room just pushing them around on his table. He climbs on everything, the more dangerous the better! He keeps me on my toes, and tests me to my limits. But I wouldn't want it any other way. I love him to his core, this little guy of mine. He wants me to hold him and sing to him (he sings along now too!), he loves to snuggle into my neck. He loves to tell me "Momma, a do"(which means I love you), and sometimes he just wants to hold me all day. He wants to share my food with me, and wants to feed me his. Yes, this sweet baby even wants to share his daydie with me (he will suck on one foot and wants me to take the other one:). And when something is not going his way, it is me who he calls upon. Right now I am savoring every moment, because all to soon I know that things will change. He is getting bigger every day, and sometimes I wonder "how long do I have to hold him, when will he think that hanging out with his Mom is not the coolest thing in the world?" I know that the day is coming, way too quickly for me, that he would rather be with Dad (or the boys)than hanging out with me. So I cherish every second of this time that God has given, while he still loves to dance and sing and to just be silly with me!

No comments: