Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wanna Hear A funny Story?

So this is how it happened, Rogan had to go to the Dr. today (yet another ear infection) and on the way home we stopped at sonic and got a wacky pack for him because he missed lunch. In this wacky pack was a life sized plastic tarantula. While everyone was having snack after nap, I took the spider out of it's package and set it on the coffee table. My daughter had not seen it yet. I left the living room to deal with other chores around the house and suddenly there was a terrified scream from the living room and then a stampede of feet down the hall. The scream continued with a barely comprehensible dialogue of "it's in the", "spider", "momma kill it", and some other things that I could not comprehend. I tried to get her to walk down the hall with me, to show her that it was not real, but her feet were planted and she was literally hysterical. For those of you who understand, this was just like a scene with a high school freshman, a wasp and spider infested shed, and two crazy parents, oh, and the search for a cooler. I was finally able to carry her down the hall into the living room, while she tried to climb out of my arms, and grabbed up the spider and squished it in my hand. She finally realized that this menace was indeed plastic(she knows her momma would have evacuated the house rather than come near a spider that size). She still will not get any closer than this to it.

Fun times :)

1 comment:

Talysa said...

Holy cow Ameryn looks really mad!!! Poor girl!